Bacon Mac and Cheese. Enhance Delicious Dishes w/ Knorr® Pasta Sides. Cook macaroni as directed on package. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan on low heat.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Bacon Mac and Cheese is a delicious and easy to make baked macaroni and cheese! You can have Bacon Mac and Cheese using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Mac and Cheese
- You need 4 strips of bacon.
- You need 3 cups of cooked macaroni.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
Creamy, cheesy, macaroni is topped with bacon and breadcrumbs for an unforgettable meal! Very gradually whisk in milk and bring to a simmer. This creamy, cheesy, gourmet baked mac and cheese with bacon will outshine any mac and cheese you've tasted! Line a large baking sheet with foil and lay each slice of bacon down with at least an inch of space between each slice.
Bacon Mac and Cheese step by step
- Cook bacon in air fryer 400F (200C) for about 8 minutes. Let cool on a paper towel to soak up excess fat. Then, roughly chop the bacon..
- In the meantime, in a small pot, melt the butter on the stove-top. Add flour into the pot and stir until the color turned slightly tan. Pour in the milk and bring it to boil then turn the stove off. Add in the salt, onion powder, and cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese melts..
- Lightly grease a cake barrel and set aside..
- Add the cooked pasta and chopped bacon to the pot and mix. Then, transfer the mixture to the cake barrel. Air fry the macaroni and cheese at 400F (200C) for 6-7 minutes until cheese is melted and the surface looks golden brown..
It will crisp even further once it's baked, so don't crisp it too much at this stage. This is the ultimate comfort food. This Easy Bacon Mac and Cheese is simple to make, rich, creamy, cheesy, and absolutely loaded with flavor. If you love a nice and easy mac and cheese recipe, you're going to love it even more when you get to add BACON. Mac and Cheese, the ultimate classic comfort food, is a house favorite.