Coleslaw. Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, dijon mustard, sugar, and celery seed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cabbage and carrots and mix to thoroughly combine.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to. We have homemade coleslaw at least once a week, usually with fish, and often with burgers or hot dogs. This coleslaw recipe (our way of preparing it) is ridiculously easy with cabbage, carrot, and onions gently mixed and coated with mayonnaise, a dab of yellow mustard (which by the way is just Dijon mustard with some added turmeric), vinegar, and black pepper. You can have Coleslaw using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coleslaw
- Prepare 1 cup of Miracle Whip.
- It’s 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of head Cabbage.
- You need 2 medium of Carrots.
Make coleslaw dressing: In a small mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and honey. If needed season with a bit of salt. Pour dressing over shredded cabbage mixture: Place shredded coleslaw mix in a large bowl then pour the dressing mixture over. Toss together: Toss to evenly coat.
- In small mixing bowl, combine miracle whip, sour cream, and sugar. Place in refrigerator..
- Shred cabbage and carrots..
- In large mixing bowl combine dressing with cabbage mixture..
- Mix together an hour (or less) before serving. The sugar will pull the water out of the cabbage and the slaw will eventually become runny. When this occurs stir well and serve using a slotted spoon..
This coleslaw is a great side dish to bring to summer potlucks, and pairs well with recipes like Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, tacos (especially fish tacos), lunch wraps with deli meat, hot dogs, and more. I don't recommend it, as raw cabbage does not freeze well. How to make the best coleslaw. This coleslaw recipe is packed with fresh, lively flavors that wake up anything you serve it with. Try this as a topping to sandwiches, served next to ultra-savory meats, like braised beef or pulled pork.