Mac and Cheese. Try An Original Shells & Cheese Today! See how to make this classic baked mac and cheese. Made with beef, bacon, chipotle, even beer: try these top-rated recipes.
You're going to find all the features you know and love including a tilt-head design. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. You can have Mac and Cheese using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mac and Cheese
- Prepare 14 oz of dry elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 1/3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 6 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 8 oz of graded velveeta cheese.
- You need 8 oz of graded mozzarella cheese.
Guy Fieri visits Sweetie Pie's in St. Louis to try out the diner's famous macaroni and cheese. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. It uses a combination of cheeses, layered in the dish as well as melted into a rich and creamy cheese sauce, for the ultimate in cheesy deliciousness!
Mac and Cheese instructions
- Bring a large pot of water with salt to boil. Add pasta cook 7 minutes..
- In another saucepan melt butter on medium high, then add flour whisking constantly for 1 minute..
- While whisking slowly add in milk, then mustard and garlic powder. Bring mixture to a low boil while whisking constantly..
- Reduce heat to low and add in cream cheese and stir until melted. Add in other cheeses slowly and stir till melted. Add in pasta and stir mixture to well mixed. Serve Enjoy!!!.
This is the last step in creating a fantastic homemade sauce for our Baked Classic Macaroni and Cheese. This super creamy mac 'n' cheese is so simple it seems almost too easy! Kids really go for the rich cheese flavor, but I've never met an adult who didn't love it too. —Ann Bowers, Rockport, Texas. In fact, one of the easiest mistakes when making macaroni and cheese is using the wrong kind of pasta. We suggest steering clear of long, thin, perfect-for-twirling varieties like spaghetti, fettuccini, and linguini.