Fried Macaroni and cheese balls. Baked, stove top, vegan and more, these are the mac and cheese styles you need to try! Mac and cheese becomes fun finger food! This mac is cheesed to the max with Cheddar, Italian cheeses, and even pimento cheese spread; chilled, then scooped into balls, breaded, and fried.
In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. You can shape the Mac & Cheese into meatball sized balls, like I did, or make them smaller and call them Fried Mac & Cheese bites. You can have Fried Macaroni and cheese balls using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Macaroni and cheese balls
- It’s 1 pkg of Mac and cheese mix.
- Prepare 2 T of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 C of milk.
- It’s 1 C of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 3/4 C of pimento cheese spread.
- You need 1 C of Italian cheese blend, shredded.
- Prepare 2 C of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 3 T of milk.
- It’s 4 C of peanut oil for frying.
Everybody loves macaroni and cheese, and it makes a tasty snack or a yummy meal any time of the day. As delicious as macaroni and cheese is already, you can make it an even more decadent treat by forming the pasta into balls, coating it with bread crumbs, and frying them to make deep fried macaroni and cheese balls. Dip balls into egg mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Pour water into a bowl and bring to a boil over high heat.
Fried Macaroni and cheese balls instructions
- Fill a pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the macaroni, return to boil. Cook uncovered for about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in 2T butter, 1/4C milk, cheese packet from package..
- While the macaroni is hot, stir in cheddar cheese, pimento cheese, Italian cheese, until melted. Place macaroni mixture in refrigerator for at least 4 hours..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove mac balls from refrigerator and use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls. Put the balls on the baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours..
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350°..
- Whisk breadcrumbs with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, sugar, and cayenne in a shallow dish; set aside..
- Beat the eggs with the 3T milk in a small bowl. Remove Mac balls from freezer, coat in the egg wash, and dredge in breading..
- Fry the Mac balls in small batches until golden 3-5 minutes. Drain briefly on a paper towel- lined plate; serve hot..
Stir in macaroni pasta from dinner package. Dredge each Cheesy Mac portion in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs to coat. Drain on paper towels before serving. In another separate bowl whisk together the eggs. To get the crunchy cheese ball party started, he made my recipe for The Best Homemade Mac 'n Cheese, minus the bread crumb topping, and refrigerated it overnight so the macaroni and cheese would solidify and the balls would hold together while frying.