Mac and cheese. Boxed meals, side dishes and more. See how to make this classic baked mac and cheese. Made with beef, bacon, chipotle, even beer: try these top-rated recipes.
You're going to find all the features you know and love including a tilt-head design. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. You can cook Mac and cheese using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mac and cheese
- You need 1.5 lbs of macaroni.
- Prepare 1 lb of cheddar cheese shredded, I shred my own.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2-1 stick of butter or margarine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Guy Fieri visits Sweetie Pie's in St. Louis to try out the diner's famous macaroni and cheese. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. It uses a combination of cheeses, layered in the dish as well as melted into a rich and creamy cheese sauce, for the ultimate in cheesy deliciousness!
Mac and cheese instructions
- Boil your macaroni in salted water until done to your liking. Drain..
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour. Stir to cook out the flour taste then add the evaporated milk and seasonings. Stir constantly til thick and bubbling. Turn off heat and add at least half the shredded cheese. Stir til melted and thick..
- Pour cheese sauce over noodles and combine. Pour in a prepared pan and smooth out. Add remaining cheese over the top and cover with foil. Put in a preheated 400 degree oven to melt cheese, about 10 minutes..
This is the last step in creating a fantastic homemade sauce for our Baked Classic Macaroni and Cheese. This super creamy mac 'n' cheese is so simple it seems almost too easy! Kids really go for the rich cheese flavor, but I've never met an adult who didn't love it too. —Ann Bowers, Rockport, Texas. In fact, one of the easiest mistakes when making macaroni and cheese is using the wrong kind of pasta. We suggest steering clear of long, thin, perfect-for-twirling varieties like spaghetti, fettuccini, and linguini.