Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Fresh, flavorful, and FAST, these easy chicken lettuce wraps will be on the table in no time. Flavorful ground chicken wrapped in crunchy lettuce leaves seems like a perfect paleo dinner option, but most recipes for this Thai-inspired dish aren't paleo-friendly since the sauce includes ingredients like soy sauce and cornstarch. Another Paleo diet hit in our house was made tonight and before the rest of the chicken was devoured I quickly snapped a photo to share.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce. See the post for how to use this meal as make ahead meal prep. This recipe is so flavorful and fresh tasting. You can cook Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 12 of Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves.
- It’s 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 4 of Napa cabbage leaves, thinly chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of raw broccoli, finely chopped.
- You need 1 large of carrot, shredded.
- You need 3 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro, minced.
- You need of Thai Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coconut aminos (taste like soy sauce).
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice (or the juice of 1 lime).
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
The teachers and staff at my school love it because it's fun to put together. The thai sauce can be customized to your taste and the use of lettuce as an alternative to bread adds crunch to the wraps. These delicious twists on a classic wrap help bring your Paleo diet to life. For a more flavorful recipe, consider adding grated ginger to the sauce.
Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Grill chicken breasts and dice into 1/2" cubes..
- add ingredients for sauce to jar, close jar, shake until ingredients well combined.
- Wash lettuce leaves and spread out on a plate (reserve half the leaves for leftovers)..
- Fill with chicken, broccoli, napa cabbage, carrots, green onions, and cilantro..
- Drizzle with thai sauce..
- Reserve leftover filling mixture for lunch the next day, but wait to fill lettuce leaves until serving..
- source: http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-31/thai-chicken-wraps/.
I promise, your tastebuds will thank you! These little babies are Thai inspired, for no other reason than my love for Thai food! I went ahead with a little red curry paste along some some sweet. Chicken lettuce wraps are super easy, and make a surprisingly quick and healthy weeknight meal. For all the times I have ordered chicken lettuce wraps at Chinese restaurants like P.