Mac 'n' Cheese. Duh, that's what Mac and cheese is about!! He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper.
My husband made a version of this casserole for me on our first date. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. My version uses a combination of cheeses for a gloriously cheesy dish! You can cook Mac 'n' Cheese using 18 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mac 'n' Cheese
- You need of Pot or cooking blender (e.g. Thermomix).
- You need 640-650 g of yellow potatoes.
- Prepare 130 g of carrots.
- It’s 330-350 g of onion.
- It’s 19 g of garlic.
- Prepare 880 g of water (4cups).
- You need of OPTIONAL (for color & health) :.
- It’s 4 g of fresh turmeric.
- You need of After boiling veggies add :.
- It’s 35 g of nutritional yeast (4 heaped tbsp).
- You need 16 g of Himalayan salt (2tsp).
- Prepare 140 g of soaked cashews (1cup).
- You need of optional for a more cheddary color :.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric (unless you out in fresh one already).
- It’s of Pasta pot.
- It’s 950-1000 g of your-choice pasta (traditionally macaroni).
- Prepare of Oven.
- You need of Optimal : Handful Vegan cheese for cheesy top after baking.
My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux. She always said she couldn't see what the fuss was about. With mac and cheese, it's good to have options. Finally, if you're crazy like me and want to drown your pasta in a gallon of cheese sauce, feel free to make a double batch!
Mac 'n' Cheese instructions
- Largely cubed veggies into cooking blender e.g. thermomix = tmx.
- OR without tmx: smaller cubed veggies into pot with boiling water (amount as required in recipe, here 4c).
- Add 4cups of hot water to tmx (if water room-temp, add 5min more to cooking time in next step).
- Program varoma for 20min at speed 1 and cover with lid and sieve.
- Without tmx: boil veggies until buttery soft, ca. 20min.
- Bring slightly salted water to a boil..
- Add pasta (macaroni, in Spain "tiburon pequeño" are perfect) and cook until 'al dente' (remember the pasta will soak up a lot of 'cheese' sauce, so don't make it mushy soft).
- When veggies done, turn temperature off and leave in pot / tmx with lid on.
- Without the cooking blender you could now place veggies into a normal thermoresistant blender OR.
- Use whatever you usually use to blend food in. This will take much longer of course manually, but don't give up. You might want to have blended your cashews first apart from the veggie mix and strain the last bits out before adding to veggies..
- Add seasonings, optional turmeric, and cashews to pot or tmx with veggies.
- For tmx program 100°C 90sec speed 6 OR if using non-cooking blender, blend w/out the temperature option.
- The cashews probably won't be fully integrated and smooth, so continue blending for 60sec at highest speed.
- Drain pasta when finished and place into oven-proof casserole.
- Pour ¾ blended veggie mix (should resemble melted cheese) over pasta and mix well.
- Several dashes of pepper of your choice over pasta, don't stir and cover with left ¼ veggie 'cheese' sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese if melted cheese crust desired.
- For 10min into 220°C oven.
- Let bake and check for melted cheese. Turn down to 170C as soon as melted and leave in 5min longer.
- Take out of oven, let stand 5min. Then portion and serve w/paprika mild or spicy – as you prefer.
- Depending on individual taste, you or your guests might want to add some salt and pepper over mac'n'cheese.
Sharing the Best Mac and Cheese recipe today! My Perfect Mac and Cheese is incredibly creamy See my Bacon Mac and Cheese Recipe too! When you find yourself running scared and running out of energy, there's only a few options left to. At: vimeo.com/macncheese/film "Mac 'n' Cheese – Supermarket" is an animated short directed and created by Colorbleed… Good mac 'n' cheese doesn't come from shredding a bunch of cheese onto cooked pasta. This Mac n Cheese recipe is the easiest and cheesiest make-ahead meal!