Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Reviews for: Photos of Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Yall this baked macaroni and cheese is FULL OF SOUL!! That is the first thing that came to mind when I took that first bite.
Macaroni and cheese is an all-purpose comfort food, ready and able to assist you with any life event. This particular recipe puts the capital "C" in It's cheese sauce and pasta, baked in a casserole dish until golden-topped and bubbly. Remarkably, it doesn't take all that much more time and effort than. You can cook Baked Macaroni and Cheese using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Prepare 1 oz of Velveeta Cheese.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 3 cups of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 (13 inch) of pan.
- Prepare 16 oz of box of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare Dash of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
Give up the box mix because making Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese from scratch is easier than you think. Shredding a block of cheese adds a little more prep time but the smooth and creamy results are worth it. This dish makes for a great side dish that the family will love, or a fun casserole to. Boil Macaroni (DO NOT ADD OIL OR BUTTER TO THE WATER).
Baked Macaroni and Cheese step by step
- Cook macaroni per box instructions. Meanwhile preheat oven to 425 degrees..
- Drain macaroni put in bowl..
- Butter entire pan to include sides.
- Mix eggs, salt/pepper, Velveeta (cut into pieces) shredded cheese, milk, and half and half into bowl with macaroni. Blend.
- Pour mixture into pan. Add additional shredded cheese on top..
- Bake for 30 minutes..
Ham and plenty of cheddar cheese make this macaroni and cheese a hearty, delicious main dish. Add a tossed salad and biscuits for a satisfying meal. Add sliced sautéed mushrooms to the macaroni and sauce mixture. For a lighter sauce, replace half of the milk with chicken stock or vegetable broth. With this baked macaroni and cheese that's creamy and homemade and honest-to-goodness soul food, there's no reason to eat the stuff in the blue box from Kraft.