Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese. Baked mac and cheese: If you have a little extra time, you can bake the macaroni and cheese to give it a golden crust. Skip the box and make the good stuff! Boil your pasta in one pot and in another make a simple cheese sauce.
I strained out some of the sauce when I served it up…not a big deal at all. It was a pretty good mac & cheese but I will look around for a better stove-top version. Stir in cheese a small amount at a time until fully melted. You can cook Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese
- Prepare 8 oz of "sauce holding" pasta (ex. elbow mac, rotini, radiatore).
- You need 1/3-1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 4 oz of velveeta – cubed.
- Prepare Pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce; stir to coat. When I was a girl, Mama used Texas longhorn cheese in this recipe. After it melted all over the macaroni, I loved to dig in and see how many strings of cheese would follow my spoonful. This easy mac and cheese recipe is super fast-paced once you start cooking, so it's important to have all the ingredients measured and ready to go!
Easy Stove Top Mac n Cheese step by step
- Cook pasta to package directions. Drain and set aside..
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup milk, velveeta, and cayenne. Stir until velveeta is melted..
- Turn heat down to low. Stir in shredded cheese until fully melted and sauce is smooth. Taste. Add salt and pepper if desired..
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Add additional milk as needed if sauce seems to thick. Enjoy!.
As you can see there are only eight, common ingredients in this recipe that most of us have on hand at all times! We will discuss the ingredients and possible. Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Easy silky, cheesy Stovetop Mac and Cheese that can be Overheating cheese will curdle and string it every time.