Baked macaroni and cheese. Find Deals on Baked Macaroni And Cheese in Groceries on Amazon. Try An Original Shells & Cheese Today! This classic baked macaroni and cheese recipe is easy and delicious.
Can't wait to make it again!" – Joanne Kelly. Baked Macaroni and Cheese "This was a hit with the whole family! In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. You can cook Baked macaroni and cheese using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked macaroni and cheese
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 c of flour.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of I tsp onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 c of cream cheese.
- You need 1 box of cooked macaroni noodles.
- You need 5 slices of mild cheddar.
- Prepare 6 slices of yellow American cheese.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. This is the last step in creating a fantastic homemade sauce for our Baked Classic Macaroni and Cheese. In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente.
Baked macaroni and cheese step by step
- Cheese sauce mix together 3 tbsp melter butter and 1/2 cup of flour together in a crock pot and once combined add the heavy cream and buttermilk and the shredded cheddar and mozzarella whisk together until combined add the paprika the onion powder and the garlic powder whisk together and then let cook on low til cheese melts and sauce is rich and creamy and all cheese is melted about 20 minutes.
- Once sauce is done combine cooked noodles in crock pot and let cook in crock pot for 20 minutes and sauce should be thick.
- Remove from crockpot and add to a baking dish and put a bottom layer of noodle mixture and then add 5 slices mild cheddar and then add another layer of noodle mixture on top and then add 6 slices of yellow American cheese and then add another layer of noodle mixture.
- Top with Panko bread crumbs and shredded Monterey jack cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Give up the box mix because making Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese from scratch is easier than you think. Shredding a block of cheese adds a little more prep time but the smooth and creamy results are worth it. This dish makes for a great side dish that the family will love, or a fun casserole to bring to your next potluck dinner. For more tasty mac and cheese recipes, see our complete.