Homestyle baked macaroni and cheese.
You can cook Homestyle baked macaroni and cheese using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homestyle baked macaroni and cheese
- It’s 16 oz of pasta (something that traps the cheese).
- It’s 6 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dry mustard.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 5 cups of milk.
- It’s 5 cups of cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese or cheeses you're into).
- You need 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs.
Homestyle baked macaroni and cheese step by step
- Boil pasta until almost done. Rinse with cool water and set aside. (Mix in just a bit of oil or butter to keep it from sticking).
- Set oven to 375.
- Make a roux by melting butter on medium then adding flour, salt, pepper, and mustard, and paprika (save a bit of paprika to sprinkle on top). Stir or whisk continously for 3 minutes..
- Make a white sauce by adding the milk and stirring constantly until it's thick (about ten minutes but it will get thick)..
- Turn off burner and add 4 cups cheese. Stir until smooth..
- Add sauce to noodles. Put in 9×13 dish sprayed with pam. Cover with panko and remaining cheese. Sprinkle paprika on top..
- Bake for thirty minutes or until the panko browns and is bubbly around the edges..