Baked Mac and Cheese. Try An Original Shells & Cheese Today! Find Deals on Baked Mac And Cheese in Groceries on Amazon. This classic baked macaroni and cheese recipe is easy and delicious.
Mac and Cheese is worthy of serving as a meal in its own right, served with just a fresh green salad or simple vegetable side. Nothing heavy because Macaroni Cheese is so rich as it is! As a side dish, it will compliment virtually any non-Asian main dish. You can have Baked Mac and Cheese using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Mac and Cheese
- It’s 60 gr of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 90 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk, I used skim.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of paprika powder or pinch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of finely sfinely shredded mild cheddar cheese, I used mix of yellow & red cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely shredded mozarella cheese.
From simple Baked Pork Chops to Steak, a Roast Chicken to Crispy Garlic Chicken Thighs, the only. "This is the best macaroni and cheese recipe I've tried. Chef John's Macaroni and Cheese "Amazing, wonderful, beautiful! Easily one of the best macaroni cheese recipes I've tasted. Can't wait to make it again!" – Joanne Kelly.
Baked Mac and Cheese step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to aldente level. I recommend cooking the pasta a minute less than the directions. Drain and set aside for a few minutes..
- To prepare roux, melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt, pepper and paprika powder. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring continuously until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in cheese until melted..
- Transfer cooked pasta to large dutch oven or pot over low heat. Pour cheese sauce over top, stirring to combine, toss lightly. This is a thick and creamy sauce. Do not mix too thoroughly, it's better left messy. To thin the sauce, add a few tablespoons of milk at a time until at desire consistency. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with mozarella cheese over the top..
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes, then turn the oven to broil. Broil for about 5 minutes to brown the top. Makes 6 servings..
Baked Macaroni and Cheese "This was a hit with the. Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults.