Baked Macaroni and Cheese Casserole. Allowing the baked macaroni and cheese to rest for a few minutes after baking will thicken the sauce. Most importantly of all… I choose not to top this baked macaroni casserole with a bread crumb mixture but if you really like bread crumbs on your macaroni and cheese, by all means, add some! This baked macaroni and cheese casserole is easy to make with cheddar cheese and eggs along with milk and butter.
Stir in macaroni, chicken and frozen broccoli. This classic béchamel-based mac and cheese is loaded to the hilt with cheese. Not only do we pack as much cheese as we can into the sauce itself, but One of the benefits of this method is that you can get enhanced browning in the oven, especially on the bottom and sides of the baking dish, thanks to. You can have Baked Macaroni and Cheese Casserole using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of macaroni pasta.
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon bits.
- It’s 1 cup of reduced fat cottage cheese.
- You need 1 cup of light sour cream.
- It’s 7 1/2 oz of multi blend cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 cup of steamed kale, cut into small pieces (about 3 cups uncooked).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 cup of panko crumbs.
Over baked macaroni and cheese is mushy and blah. Baked it until it's starting to brown around the edges and is bubbling in the center. This macaroni and cheese casserole recipe is pure comfort food at its very best. Whether you make a meal out of it or serve it as an appetizer or side dish, it's.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2.5 quart casserole dish.
- Cook macaroni, drain and set aside.
- Steam kale for a couple minutes.
- In large mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, sour cream, cheddar, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder..
- Pour in cooked macaroni, kale, and bacon. Stir to combine.
- In microwave bowl melt butter. Add in panko crumbs and stir. Pour over the top of the casserole evenly.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and heated throughout.
While my mother's mac and cheese is to die for, I longed for a stringy, cheesy, casserole, version in my adult years. Something as far from the boxed stuff as I could get without introducing things my children would consider "weird". Voila, Baked Macaroni and Cheese was born. Get Alton Brown's Baked Macaroni and Cheese from Good Eats on Food Network, a classic recipe made with cheddar cheese and topped with buttery breadcrumbs. The Ultimate Five-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese