Cajun Mac and Cheese. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, melted butter, remaining green onions, and a pinch of salt. Scatter bread crumbs on top of mac 'n cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bread crumbs. How To Make Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese.
Regular baked mac and cheese is already great (if it's done right), but the addition of fresh crab and spicy Cajun shrimp makes it so much more special. You get a bite of shrimp, crab and macaroni covered with a blend of gooey, stringy cheeses and a burst of blended flavours in every bite! This mac-n-cheese tasted great the evening that I made it, and was also wonderful the next day…and the day after that! You can have Cajun Mac and Cheese using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Mac and Cheese
- It’s 8 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 5 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of blackened seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 2 cup of Jack cheese, shredded.
- It’s 2 cup of fontina cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 lb of elbow macaroni.
- It’s 1 lb of kielbasa or andouille thinly sliced.
I made a ton so Adam could take some home and to work for Apparently the only complaint was that I didn't pack him a big enough portion. The hot pepper sauce and garlic flavors heat up the warm macaroni and cheese favorite. You'll be making this zesty pasta on repeat. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente.
Cajun Mac and Cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Set aside..
- Cook macaroni 3 minutes less than manufacturer's directions in a large pot. Drain and rinse under cold water..
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage..
- Put remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the pot used to cook pasta over medium heat. When butter bubbles, add flour, pepper, and seasoning..
- Slowly pour milk into mixture while whisking. Continue to cook until mixture becomes thick..
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 of each of the cheeses. Then add macaroni and sausage. Mix well..
- Transfer to a casserole then top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs..
- Bake until browned on top, about 30 minutes..
This creamy macaroni and cheese has a nice kick thanks to andouille sausage, pepper Jack cheese, and Cajun seasoning. This baked Cajun Mac and Cheese is sure to please macaroni and cheese lovers who like their food a little on the spicy side. Hope everyone is having a wonderful first weekend in Spring. I am enjoying my first weekend getaway in months in the beautiful historic town of Beaufort, SC. Spoon macaroni mixture into casserole dish.