My Family's Favorite Baked Macaroni And Cheese. Watch me make this southern baked macaroni and cheese from start to finish! I'm pretty sure you all know how hard it is to find a good, southern, soul People tend to keep a tight grasp on their prized macaroni & cheese recipes, but not in my family. We share our favorite recipes like they are going.
Baked Macaroni can be a meal in and of itself or a hearty side that goes along with many family favorites. In today's new cooking vlog for Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese, I share that we enjoyed this Mac and Cheese with baked chicken and steamed vegetables. This is now her favorite baked macaroni and cheese. You can cook My Family's Favorite Baked Macaroni And Cheese using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Family's Favorite Baked Macaroni And Cheese
- You need 1 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of Elbow macaroni.
- You need 8 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Colby cheese, shredded or cubed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 4 oz of Extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small chunks.
- You need 2 cup of Half-and-half.
- It’s 1 cup of Velveeta processed cheese, cut into small cubes.
- It’s 2 large of Eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground black pepper.
She begs me to make it when I come to visit." Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. To the milk mixture add the Cheddar and American cheeses; stir until. This baked macaroni and cheese is made like Grandma used to make it, the old fashioned baked in a casserole dish style. Enjoy one of our family's favorite meals!
My Family's Favorite Baked Macaroni And Cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter (or spray) 2 1/2 quart casserole dish..
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the oil and the macaroni, and cook until macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK!!! Drain well, return to pot..
- In a small saucepan or microwave, melt 8 tbs. butter. Stir into macaroni..
- In a large bowl, mix all the cheeses..
- To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, the eggs, seasoned salt, and pepper..
- Pour into casserole dish. Dot with butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Add the cheese to the macaroni, saving enough to sprinkle on top..
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bubbly around the edges..
I grew up eating this macaroni and cheese and it was always a special day when my mom prepared it. A few months ago I made it for the first time. it's now my absolute favorite baked macaroni and cheese recipe! (with it tweaked for my own tastes). Why This Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe is So Good: it's simple and easy-to-make. Add the macaroni noodles to the cheese mixture and mix. Dump your homemade mac and cheese mixture I can cut the recipe in half easily and it's plenty for my family.