Faux Mac and Cheese (low carb). One cheesy serving that you can take to work and cook in the microwave. One comforting meal that has just a few carbs, smells delicious and goes anywhere. […] Low-Carb Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Low Carb-ology Mac and cheese gets another makeover by substituting cauliflower for carb-rich […] I announced a change in my YouTube channel in this video.
This tastes so much like the real deal that I bet you won't even miss the carbs. Drain away the water and return the cauliflower to the hot pan over low heat. Add in some heavy cream, cream cheese, cheddar, monterey jack, ground mustard, and. You can have Faux Mac and Cheese (low carb) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Faux Mac and Cheese (low carb)
- Prepare 3 cup of cauliflower (broken in small florets).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cream cheese (broken in small pieces).
- Prepare 2 tsp of spicy mustard.
- It’s 1 of A few drops of hot sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
However, this low carb mac and cheese recipe is going to change all that! The cheesy goodness in this recipe comes from a blend of almond milk, heavy cream, egg, cheddar cheese, and spices. Some low carb cheese sauces use cream cheese or butter, but this is a simple recipe that comes out like. Nothing says 'comfort food' like this idea for Low Carb Mac and Cheese.
Faux Mac and Cheese (low carb) instructions
- In a microwave safe dish add cream, cream cheese, mustard and hot sauce. (No need to stir).
- Top with small florets of cauliflower..
- Sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese on cauliflower..
- Cover with plastic wrap..
- Cook on high for about 2 minutes. Then in 30 second intervals until tender..
- Stir all together and sprinkle with salt and pepper..
This keto-friendly Mac and Cheese from is totally pasta-free, thanks to cauliflower. Bring up to a simmer, then decrease heat to low and stir in cheeses until melted. Remove from heat, add hot sauce if using and season with salt and pepper, then fold in roasted cauliflower. I figured…if people are making faux mac and cheese in the oven from roasting cauliflower, why can't I do it fried? I had leftover cauliflower rice from making Low Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice and decided to try something new with it.