Creamy Macaroni and Cheese. Baked, stove top, vegan and more, these are the mac and cheese styles you need to try! In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining sharp cheddar cheese.
Super Creamy Macaroni and Cheese with no processed cheese in sight, this stovetop version is the perfect homemade creamy macaroni and cheese of your dreams and a perfect holiday side dish! Super Creamy Macaroni and Cheese has always been a battle when it comes to working without processed/American cheese and this dish finally gets it right. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. You can cook Creamy Macaroni and Cheese using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- You need 2 1/2 cup of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- It’s 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of half and half (cream) use whole milk if you don't have.
- Prepare 8 oz of processed American cheese (Velvetta).
- You need 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of sour cream.
It uses a combination of cheeses, layered in the dish as well as melted into a rich and creamy cheese sauce, for the ultimate in cheesy deliciousness! Using package directions as a guide, cook until al dente. To prevent sticking, drain and immediately pour onto a large lipped baking sheet and let cool while preparing sauce. Homemade Mac and Cheese is easy to make from scratch!
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Boil a pot of water and cook macaroni until Al dentè. (About 9 min).
- Grease a 2 1/2 qt baking dish..
- In a large saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and sugar until smooth..
- Gradually wisk in milk and cream..
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 min while stirring or until thickened..
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses until melted..
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream..
- Mix cheese sauce and macaroni together and pour into dish..
- Bake 30 min..
This easy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole is super creamy with sharp cheddar & loads of cheesy sauce. Once combined, the whole dish is topped with more cheese and baked to creamy mac and cheese perfection. Creamy mac and cheese is a family-friendly dinner recipe that will leave everyone fighting over the last bite! Our baked mac and cheese recipe includes cheddar cheese soup and eggs for an extra-rich texture. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese.