Mexican chicken salad. Browse Our Official Site For Tasty Mexican Salad Recipes! It's like a giant salad version of Mexican Avocado Salsa – with the addition of chicken to complete the meal! Our Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad is truly a feast for all five senses.
The salad has some of the same ingredients as the Eastern European version, but the Mexican chicken Salad version has several variations, that include ingredients potatoes, carrots, peas and. She called it a Mexican chicken salad because it had peas and corn… no secret at all, just a delicious blend of basic ingredients. I ate it as an appetizer on a tostada just before the main course was ready. You can cook Mexican chicken salad using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican chicken salad
- Prepare 2 lb of chicken.
- It’s 1/2 can of corn.
- You need 3 large of roma tomatoes.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 large of red onions.
- Prepare 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 2 cup of rice.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- You need 1 of romaine lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lime zest.
I have many favorite chicken salad recipes, but my family and friends love spicy food. That's when this salad fits the bill. Serve it as a side dish at BBQs or as an entree on a busy night after work. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Mexican chicken salad instructions
- bring 4 cups of water to boil.
- add rice bring heat down to low and cover with lid for 40 min.
- add corn, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons cilantro, half a lime juice, half a red onion, red wine vinegar, clove of garlic.
- place bacon in pan with half of a red onion, cook on low til caramelized, add beans and cook on low for 30 min stirring occasionally..
- season chicken with rub, cook in a pan with oil butter and half a onion for 15 min.
- place chicken in pan 1st and cook for 7-10 min before adding onion.
Serve on a bed of lettuce; top with tomatoes and corn chips. This Mexican chicken salad is easy to make and full of flavour. The Good Housekeeping Cookery Team tests every recipe three times before publishing, so you know it will work for you. Mexican Chicken Salad is a quick and delicious main dish recipe made with corn, tomatoes, and black beans and served with tortilla chips and avocados. Time-saving shortcuts, like rotisserie chicken, prepared dressing, crunchy chips, and pre-shredded cheese, make this salad easy and quick.