Baked macaroni and cheese. Reviews for: Photos of Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Yall this baked macaroni and cheese is FULL OF SOUL!! That is the first thing that came to mind when I took that first bite.
Macaroni and cheese is an all-purpose comfort food, ready and able to assist you with any life event. This particular recipe puts the capital "C" in It's cheese sauce and pasta, baked in a casserole dish until golden-topped and bubbly. Remarkably, it doesn't take all that much more time and effort than. You can have Baked macaroni and cheese using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked macaroni and cheese
- You need 2 box of kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 small of chopped onion.
- You need 1 small of bell pepper.
- It’s 20 grams of all purpose seasoning (powder).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Give up the box mix because making Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese from scratch is easier than you think. Shredding a block of cheese adds a little more prep time but the smooth and creamy results are worth it. This dish makes for a great side dish that the family will love, or a fun casserole to. Boil Macaroni (DO NOT ADD OIL OR BUTTER TO THE WATER).
Baked macaroni and cheese step by step
- Boil both boxes of kraft macaroni until tender with salt.
- Add all purpose seasoning, chopped onions and bell pepper to the ground beef and mix.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and brown ground beef.
- Over low heat heat butter until melted and then add flour to make a paste.
- Slowly add milk and sugar to paste, stirring constantly until in thickens.
- Add cheese mix to paste.
- Spoon cooked macaroni into baking dish and add a layer of cooked ground beef. Then add layers of macaroni and ground beef until finished.
- Pour Cheese Sauce over macaroni and use a fork to ensure that the sauce goes right through..
- Bake at 350°f for 30 minutes.
Ham and plenty of cheddar cheese make this macaroni and cheese a hearty, delicious main dish. Add a tossed salad and biscuits for a satisfying meal. Add sliced sautéed mushrooms to the macaroni and sauce mixture. For a lighter sauce, replace half of the milk with chicken stock or vegetable broth. With this baked macaroni and cheese that's creamy and homemade and honest-to-goodness soul food, there's no reason to eat the stuff in the blue box from Kraft.