Grilled Mac n' Cheese w/ Chicken (leftover Easter dinner solution). Anytime you find yourself with leftover chicken, consider it a blessing. You can certainly go for a second round of last night's dinner, but the wonderful thing about this mild-mannered meat is that it's so easy to repurpose it into an entirely different meal. Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese with Lit'l Smokies® Smoked SausageHillshire Farm.
You wont hear any complaints about Thanksgiving leftovers when you add them into this decadent mac & cheese. cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken. Next time you have some leftover mac & cheese, try one of these ideas. I'm sure they all work with boxed mac & cheese or homemade. You can cook Grilled Mac n' Cheese w/ Chicken (leftover Easter dinner solution) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Mac n' Cheese w/ Chicken (leftover Easter dinner solution)
- You need of ingredients.
- It’s 2 slices of Choice of bread.
- It’s 1 tbsp of margarine or butter.
- Prepare of Cooked or leftover mac n' cheese.
- Prepare of Cooked chicken/ham/meat of choice (optional).
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of pepper.
- It’s 1 slice of Cheddar or American cheese (optional)..
I would do what Teresa said (the idea right above), then fry them into mac and cheese fritters (from Heather). Heat up with chicken stock, diced chicken, and. Grilled Mac & Cheese makes an awesome lunchtime treat! Pair it up with tomato soup for a perfect meal!
Grilled Mac n' Cheese w/ Chicken (leftover Easter dinner solution) step by step
- Cut up meat into small pieces..
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread..
- Place 1 slice of bread butter side down on greased skillet on medium/low heat (I use heat setting 3).
- Add chicken and Mac n cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired..
- Place other slice of bread with butter side facing up on sandwich..
- Cook first side until it is dark (I wait until I hear sizzling) usually takes about 10-12 mins.
- Flip carefully so filling doesn't fall out and cook other side until golden brown..
I have a pot of leftover mac & cheese that I need to jazz up so that it will get eaten. Leftover mac n cheese, splash of milk, small can of bushes baked beans and cut up hotdogs. It sounds kinda gross but believe me it is good. She called it little angel casarole. Next time you have some leftover mac & cheese, try one of these ideas.