Grilled Caesar Salad. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Purée anchovies, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth. Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas).
Grilled Simple Caesar Salad Grilled Simple Caesar Salad. Adding smoky char to a Caesar salad sounded like a good idea, as long as we could avoid limp lettuce. Drizzle oil and lemon juice over romaine and season with salt and pepper. You can have Grilled Caesar Salad using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Caesar Salad
- You need of salad.
- You need 1 large of heart of romaine lettuce.
- You need 2/3 cup of croutons.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, fresh or store bought.
- It’s 1 of anchovy fillet, finely minced.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, grated.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of spicy brown mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
A simple and delicious Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad elevated with some smoky crispy pancetta (or bacon), grilled lemon, and grilled baguette slices to sub for croutons. There's nothing like cutting into a perfectly cooked steak. With these tried and true homemade steak recipes that are bursting with flavor and have proven cooking methods, you're sure to have a winner. A heartier and summer version of Caesar salad involves grilled baguette slices topped with grilled romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, and Caesar dressing for a 'knife and fork' version of salad.
Grilled Caesar Salad instructions
- Using organic romaine is best for this recipe. Wash the outside of lettuce and pat dry with paper towel..
- Slice head of romaine in half, lengthwise..
- Using a small amount of olive oil, brush the inner head of lettuce..
- Set indoor or outdoor grill to medium heat. Allow to heat up fully..
- Place oiled side of romaine down and grill 2-5 minutes until grill marks just appear. Cut stem ends off after cooking. Set lettuce aside..
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, anchovy, garlic, salt and pepper and lemon juice. Mix to combine. Using a whisk, vigorously beat in tbe olive oil, just drizzling it in as you whisk. You are looking to achieve a creamy consistency..
- Place grilled romaine on a platter. Drizzle caesar dressing over it. Top with croutons and parmesan ribbons!.
- Recipe by taylor69too.
Grilled Caesar Salad is a smokey spin to the classic recipe. Leafy sections of romaine are seared on the barbecue to create a lightly charred texture. The flavors come together with a drizzle of creamy homemade caesar dressing, croutons, and parmesan cheese. Place the roasted tomatoes, sliced pork belly, croutons, slice red onion on top, drizzle with a generous amount of dressing and top with shredded Asiago cheese and a cracking of fresh black pepper. You May Like How to Make Chicken Caesar Salad.