Lemon Tea Bread.
You can cook Lemon Tea Bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Tea Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons.
Lemon Tea Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup granulated sugar beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition..
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture alternating with milk beating at low speed just until blended beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon zest to mixture. Spoon batter into greased and floured 8×4 inch loaf pan..
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack..
- Stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spoon evenly over top of cooled bread letting excess drip down sides..