Kale and Portobello Lasagna. A delicious, easy-to-make recipe with the savory flavor of Johnsonville Sausage! Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the slices, overlapping slightly if possible. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender.
How to Cook Kale and Portobello Lasagna. Add the cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet pepper, oregano, and sugar to a blender. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. You can have Kale and Portobello Lasagna using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kale and Portobello Lasagna
- You need 1 cup of coarsely chopped drained jarred roasted red peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregeno.
- It’s 1 can of (28 oz) whole plum tomatoes.
- It’s 1/4 of salt.
- It’s 1/4 of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of skim mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 large of egg whites.
- Prepare 15 oz of skim ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of Portobello mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- It’s 1 small of bunch of kale (or spinach), stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 2 clove of garlic thinly sliced.
- You need 9 of sheets no-boil lasagna noodles.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
Mix until smooth using a spatula. Heat butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Learn how to cook great Healthified kale and portobello lasagna. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Healthified kale and portobello lasagna recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
Kale and Portobello Lasagna step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 . Puree the peppers, oregano, tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar in a food processor or blender until smooth and set aside..
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese with the egg whites and ricotta cheese in a medium bowl..
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have released their liquid and are tender (about 10 minutes). Stir in the kale, in batches, and as it wilts add the pepper flakes, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt and continue to cook until the kale is wilted and bright green (about 5 minutes).
- Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture and 1/2 of the mushroom mixture. Repeat layers with sauce, noodles and remaining ricotta and mushrooms. Top with remaining noodles and sauce..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the noodles are tender and the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the pan, about 50 minutes..
- Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup grated mozzarella and continue to bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes, sprinkle with parsley and serve..
Get one of our Healthified kale and portobello lasagna recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Chef Devan Rajkumar cooks up a light and healthy lasagna dish by adding kale and some portobello mushrooms. Good old pasta dishes can easily be turned into a vegetarian dish. Problem is, pile in tons of cheese and large portions of pasta and watch the calories and heart-clogging saturated fat go through. This recipe was inspired by Jim Carver who shared his love for stuffed portobello mushrooms with me.