Mexican Style Crockpot Carnitas. Every tortilla dreams of being stuffed with Carnitas. The best of the best of Mexican food, seasoned pork is slow cooked until tender before gently teasing apart with forks and pan frying to golden, crispy perfection. Crispy Pork Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork) is a winner!
Includes TWO options to get that perfect crispy finish! This recipe for Mexican Crockpot Pork Carnitas is one of my favorites. It's not only super easy to make and delicious, but it's also incredibly versatile. You can have Mexican Style Crockpot Carnitas using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Style Crockpot Carnitas
- It’s 6 lb of Pork Butt Roast.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Lawrys Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili flakes.
- Prepare 3 small of habaneros.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 can of Tall Can of Beer of your choice.
Use the carnitas in tacos, burritos, sandwiches or as a side with some potatoes and salad. The easiest carnitas you will ever make right in the crockpot, cooked low and slow for the most amazing fall-apart tender pork goodness! Have you joined The Walking Dead fan club yet? The season premier is on Sunday night and they've been playing every single episode from start to finish on AMC for this premier.
Mexican Style Crockpot Carnitas step by step
- poke pork butt several times with a knife.
- rough chop the garlic and rub it on to the Butt so it can rest on the pokes.
- then mix your dry ingredients together to make a dry rub, once you do that rub it on the roast and get a even coat on it..
- place roast in crock pot and cut your habaneros in half toss them in the pot and your onion cut in half as well.
- throw cliantro in too and pour in your beer and put crock pot on high for 6-6 1/2 hours and enjoy with diced up onion and cilantro with salsa of your choice.
The best crockpot carnitas you'll ever have! Killer Crockpot Pork Carnitas are made in your slow cooker, so it couldn't be easier! Do you remember the show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives? They showed a Mexican restaurant that people lined up out the door for. Apparently they had killer carnitas which they then "showed you how to make." Seasoned with Mexican flavors like oregano, cumin, chili powder and lime juice, this Easy Mexican Carnitas Recipe makes tender, mouthwatering pulled pork with minimal prep work.