Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce. I roast poblano peppers all year long, as they're readily available in the grocery stores near me, though I've also grown many poblano types in my garden. They're earthy and rich and, to me, somewhat addictive. I just can't get enough of.
Here at Atir Catering and Event Planning we never feel that there's a limit when it comes to food! Too many Chefs I feel put themselves in a box by sticking. Place roasted poblano pepper in a heat-proof bowl and cover the top with a dish towel or plastic wrap. You can cook Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce
- You need 5 of Poblano Peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded Chicken:.
- It’s 2 of Large Chicken Breast, boneless skinless.
- You need 1 Cup of White Rice cooked.
- You need 1 Cup of Queso Fresco shredded.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of Can of Diced Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Clove minced.
- You need 1 tsp of Adobo Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chipotle Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- You need of Queso Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Queso Fresco.
- Prepare 2 Slices of Havarti cheese.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 Tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of Paprika.
I frequently have leftover rotisserie chicken meat so I know what I'm going to make next time. Thank you for the suggestion! 🙂. I chose to make this Creamy Roasted Poblano Pepper and Chicken Soup on the Samsung Gas Cooktop because one of the first steps is to roast the poblano peppers. The spice of poblano peppers gives this dish of roasted chicken and potatoes a lively kick.
Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce instructions
- Chicken: Season chicken with Adobo, Chipotle and Salt. Sear until brown in olive oil. Stir diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt in small stock pot. Add chicken. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Shred chicken and return to liquid. Cook on medium, stirring regularly until majority of liquid has reduced. About 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Add rice and shredded queso. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator..
- Roasted Poblano: in smoker/grill allow lump charcoal to get white-grey. Place Poblanos directly on coals and turn frequently until blackened blisters form all over Pepper..
- Place peppers in large bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap for 10 minutes..
- Use a paper towel to brush off charred skin. Cut peppers in half lengthwise in, brush away seeds and remove stem. Lay flat and chill in refrigerator..
- Queso Sauce: melt butter until bubbling then add flour and whisk into golden smooth paste. Add milk and whipping cream and continue stirring until thickened. Add cheeses and whisk until silly smooth..
- Stuffed Poblanos: arrange pepper halves on baking sheet. Top each with evenly spread chicken mixture. Roast at 300° for approximately 30 minutes or until hot..
- Drizzle queso Sauce over each pepper and serve..
Wash While the zucchini roasts, pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper on both sides. In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have. Roasted Corn and Poblano Burrito Bowl. This Roasted Poblano & Chicken Soup is the perfect one-pot soup for any day of the week! Flavorful, light & hearty, and packed with good-for-you ingredients.