Brad's pacific northwest crab cakes. To cook the crab cakes, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. With crab cakes, less is more. Ironically, my crab cake recipe (as well as the accompanying Roasted Red Pepper Sauce) goes back to a time Up until then, I'd only eaten "West Coast" crab cakes, which at the time were more cake than crab, so heavy with fillers that the flavor of the crab was nearly lost.
Break up crabmeat looking for cartilage, then squeeze crab of excess liquid. Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl. Be the first to review this recipe. You can cook Brad's pacific northwest crab cakes using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's pacific northwest crab cakes
- You need 2 of whole large dungeness crab, cooked and shelled.
- It’s 12 Oz of bay shrimp, chopped.
- It’s 1 of lg shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lg Anaheim pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Hungarian pink salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbs of chile infused olive oil.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
- It’s of Chipotle infused jack cheese.
It also reminds me of Christmas eve as a child where my grandma had all you can eat crab. I got this recipe from "Pacific Passions Cookbook" by Karen Barnaby. It was the vision of Frank Dulcich Sr. and his son Dominic to provide fresh, quality seafood to the Native to the west coast of the U. S. and Canada, Dungeness crab has long been a favorite of Pacific Northwest chefs.
Brad's pacific northwest crab cakes instructions
- Add chile infused oil to a pan. Sauté shallots, pepper, and garlic until shallots start to brown.
- When done, add this and the rest of the ingredients except oil and Chipotle jack to a LG mixing bowl. Mix very well..
- Just cover bottom of a frying pan with oil. Form mixture into patties. Fry on med low heat until browned on both sides. Add a slice of Chipotle jack on top. Serve immediately..
- I served with procuitto wrapped asparagus, and jalapeño cheddar artisan bread..
Pacific Northwest Crab Cakes. [PDX] Crab Cakes. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts. These fresh and light Northwest Mini Crab Cakes with Orange Sauce are not only delectable but easy to make and would make an ideal starter course. These Mini Crab Cakes will be an definite hit at your next gathering with your family and friends. Please check out my Grilled Rack of Lamb with Pinot.