You can have Crab Cakes using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crab Cakes
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped well.
- You need 2 of celery stalks copped well.
- Prepare 1 stick of of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 can of crab meat , do not drain.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of old bay seasonings.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of horseradish sauce.
- You need 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs.
Crab Cakes step by step
- melt half stick butter in pan, add onions and celery and parsley saute 3-5 min until soft.
- Remove from heat and add crab meat with liquid.
- In large bowl combine egg, beaten, mayo, horseradish, and old bay seasonings, mix well.
- Bread crumbs to mayo mixture, add crab nd veggies, and squeeze juice of half the lemon mix by hand until a wet pasty dough, if too wet to hold together add a small amount of breadcrumbs until they hold together.
- shape in to patties large or small whatever your preference place in refrigerator 10 min.
- melt remaining butter in skillet over medium heat fry patties about 3-5 min per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan on to paper towel.
- Serve with remaining fresh lemon, tartar sauce , horseradish sauce, or a roumalade sauce.
- You can make these ahead of time and warm in oven at like 300 until heated through.