Vegan "Crab" Cakes. Vegan Crab Cakes – Recipes Notes: I decided to use a base of chickpeas and artichokes for my These vegan crab cakes with chickpeas and artichokes are super delicious and very easy to make. Pan-fried with chickpeas, fresh dill, and artichoke hearts or Vegan Crab Cakes with Chickpea and Dill. These Vegan Crab Cakes are incredible.
Made with hearts of palm, plantains, and artichoke hearts, this unique recipe is sure to be one of your new favorites and is perfect to serve to a. Feed those or some vegan crab cakes to your friends who say vegans eat bland food, and watch the shock on their faces! Of course, you'll also now see this recipe perfected in my debut cookbook. You can cook Vegan "Crab" Cakes using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan "Crab" Cakes
- You need 2 cans of hart of palm, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked chickpeas.
- You need 1/4 cup of aquafaba (the chickpeas water).
- It’s 4 tbsp of vegan mayo.
- You need 2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of worchester sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Who knew a vegan and vegetarian crab cake could be created to taste just as delicious and texture rich as the crab cakes of my East Coast memories. Crab cakes in particular became a favorite of mind, probably because I didn't have to look at any sharp claws while I ate them. I haven't had a real crab cake since we moved away from Daytona Beach. These Vegan Crab Cakes are perfect on their own as an entree but I could see myself using them in a few different ways: appetizers, sandwiches (like po' boys), or salads.
Vegan "Crab" Cakes step by step
- In a food processor, add heart of palm and cooked chickpeas..
- Plus ingredients together until the texture is flaky and resembles crab meat..
- In a large bowl add aquafaba (water chickpeas where cooked in, or water from the chickpea can), and whisk liquid for 1 minute until it turns white and foamy (like egg whites)..
- Next add in vegan mayo, dijon mustard, Worchester sauce, liquid smoke, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, and the heart of palm/chickpea mix..
- Carefully mix all the ingredients together, making sure the flavor is evenly distributed..
- Using a measuring spoon (to ensure equal sizing), scoop out the "crab" cake mix and shape into the desired disk size..
- Once done, place "crab" cakes into the freezer for 10-15 minutes, this will help keep the hold while frying them later..
- To shallow fry; in a large skillet add cooking oil (I used 1/2 cup canola oil for its high smoke point) on medium heat..
- Cook "crab" cakes for 3-5 minutes on both sides until golden brown..
- Enjoy these Vegan "Crab" Cakes just as you would any other crab cake! I served mine on a bed of mixed spring salad, with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE VIDEO AT WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/LATRAGUERRA.
- Please give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!.
These Vegan Crab Cakes are crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside and pleased our entire family! With the perfect crust, texture and flavours, you've got to try them! These melt-in-your-mouth vegan crab cakes are made with seasoned artichoke heart patties coated with crispy panko breadcrumbs, pan-fried until crisp, and served with spicy cashew-sriracha aioli! These vegan Maryland Crab Cakes are a delicious treat. Crispy on the outside, tender and flaky on the inside, and packed with healthful goodness.