Vietnamese style ribletes.
You can have Vietnamese style ribletes using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese style ribletes
- It’s of Meat:.
- Prepare 2 pounds of (give or take) short ribs.
- It’s of marinade:.
- You need 1 of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 of fresh oregano (optional, not really Vietnamese).
- It’s 1 of fresh ginger.
- It’s 4-6 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of white wine.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of green onions.
- You need 1 of fresh oregano (optional, really not Vietnamese).
Vietnamese style ribletes instructions
- I cut my short ribs into individual pieces with one bone per piece..
- Just put them all in a bowl large enough to mix them all.
- Take some fresh basil, I am using Thai basil here.
- Some green onions.
- Some fresh mint.
- And fresh oregano, this is not a typical Vietnamese herb, but I have some growing, so I used it..
- I just rough chop it all put all the marinade ingredients in a blender, and blend it up.
- Pour the marinade in the meat, mix it all up. I just use my hands..
- Put it all in a container. I like to let it set overnight. Is there a minimum, I don't know for sure, I always make this a day ahead..
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat about 3/4 cup of water in a pan to boil. Carefully place your ribs into the water, bring back to a boil, about 8 minutes. This will render some of the fat, set the marinade and rinse some off. The marinade will burn in the oven, so having it fully flavored and fat reduced is a good thing..
- Pull each out leaving as much marinade behind as possible. I just put them on a foil lined sheet pan..
- Bake 20-30 minutes until done to your liking. These were 30 minutes..