You can cook Crab Cakes using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crab Cakes
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 of green onions, chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- You need 16 oz of canned crabmeat, drained.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mayonaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 8 oz of buttery crackers, crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Old Bay seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of panko or regular dry breadcrumbs.
Crab Cakes step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat..
- Saute green onions briefly until tender;.
- cool slightly.
- Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper..
- Form into 1/2 inch thick patties..
- Coat patties with bread crumbs..
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet over medium high heat..
- Cook cakes until golden brown on each side..
- Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot..