Beef and Cabbage Stew. Beef, cabbage, and potatoes are simmered in a tomato-based broth for a hearty and warm beef stew. All Reviews for Beef and Cabbage Stew. For an easy and flavorful one-pot cabbage stew, I make this recipe.
Cabbage Soup recipe is quick to make with deliciously tender beef. Low in carbs, KETO approved and full of incredible flavour, hello healthy comfort food! Stew was in no way lacking flavor and cabbage just melts away in your. You can cook Beef and Cabbage Stew using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and Cabbage Stew
- Prepare 750 g of Beef Short Rib.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 of chilli.
- Prepare 400 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 0.5 of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 4 of medium potatoes peeled and cut Into quarters.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
Walter: Any time you cook cabbage until it's gray, you've cooked it too long. Jan: Well, you killed it, and then you throw your pot out and it smells like sulfur and nobody wants to eat that. Like all of my recipes, this slow cooker beef and cabbage stew is wonderfully Paleo. It's full of protein and veggies and flavors that keep the carbs extremely low and I particularly love recipes with beef in the slow cooker, like this one.
Beef and Cabbage Stew step by step
- Cut the meat into pieces. Then in a large pot on high heat, brown the meat using the oil. You might have to do this in 2 batches. When done set the meat aside..
- In the same pot brown the onion, green pepper and chilli..
- Now put the meat back in and add the stock. Cook covered on a medium heat for 70 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add water if needed, I didn't need to add water at this point. Please note that this is not a watery or saucy stew..
- Add the potatoes, cabbage and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 40 minutes, stirring every 4-6 minutes. Add some water if needed. I added 125ml of water. Turn up the heat by 1 for the last 5 minutes, remember to stir more often..
- Serve with rice..
You can't get beef more tender than when you cook it in a slow cooker. This Beef Cabbage Stew is hearty, comforting and makes a perfect meal with crusty bread. It is packed with lots of flavors to warm you up! Then I thought a stew with cabbage and ground beef could be as tasty. There would be no stuffing and rolling, but the same taste with almost the same ingredients.