Nilaga (AKA Nilagang Baka).
You can cook Nilaga (AKA Nilagang Baka) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nilaga (AKA Nilagang Baka)
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Beef Short Ribs Bone -in.
- You need 2 of Yellow Onions Large.
- Prepare 2 of Beef Bone Marrow Bones.
- You need 1 of Cabbage Head of Green.
- Prepare 20 of Black Peppercorns Whole.
- Prepare To Taste of Fish Sauce.
Nilaga (AKA Nilagang Baka) instructions
- Place the bone marrow bones at the bottom of a large pot (I like to use a 12 quart pot). Then add in the short ribs..
- Fill the pot with hot water until it completely covers the meat. It should be able 2/3 full..
- Add the onions and whole peppercorns. Then add about five 5-second squirts of fish sauce..
- Turn the heat up to high and wait for it to boil. Then turn the heat down to medium-low and let simmer. The stew will simmer for about two or three hours, depending on how tender you want the short ribs to be..
- Periodically, skim the top of the soup to remove any excess fat. Add more fish sauce to taste..
- Cut the head of cabbage into quarters and add to the soup. Let it cook for about twenty minutes until it has softened. Serve generous amounts of beef, cabbage, and soup. White rice is a must on the side!.