Mrs. Brimmer's Sugar Cookies. In a medium bowl combine the flour and salt with a wire whisk. In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe with an easy to make cookie frosting. These cookies don't spread, giving you defined edges! Lots of notes for perfect cookies! You can cook Mrs. Brimmer's Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mrs. Brimmer's Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of softened margarine.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of flour.
This is just a friendly reminder that Christmas is officially less than one month away, so if you aren't freaking. Sugar cookies are a buttery classic that make a delicious anytime treat. Enjoy your sugar cookies plain, or decorate them with icing to make them festive. This recipe is a favorite of Martha's, who likes to add one tablespoon cognac alongside the egg and vanilla, after creaming together the butter and.
Mrs. Brimmer's Sugar Cookies step by step
- Beat margarine in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. If necessary, cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until tops are slightly crackled and sides are set (do not let edges brown). Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool. Makes about 36 cookies..
How to make Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins & Pecans. To begin, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar. These Brown Sugar Cookies are perfect for cutting out, they're easy to make, and always totally delicious. Sprinkle cookies, chocolate chip cookies, frosted cookies – the more stuff going on, the better.