Chickpea and sweet potato curry. Heat the oil a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute, or until aromatic. Add sweet potatoes and stir until well covered in spices.
I loved the addition of the spinach. I loved the addition of the spinach. I did add a little bit of coconut sugar towards the end to really hit those spicy notes. You can have Chickpea and sweet potato curry using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and sweet potato curry
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of sweet potato small diced.
- Prepare 14 oz of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s Bunch of cilantro chopped.
- Prepare of Large onion fine diced.
- It’s of red chiles seeded and minced (2 for mild 4 for hot).
- Prepare 3 of large garlic minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need of Dry seasonings..
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of all spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
Sweet potatoes are something I crave especially when the weather cools off, and this sweet potato chickpea curry recipe is a new favorite way to enjoy them. I could eat this every day and be a very happy camper. How To Make Vegan Chickpea, Sweet Potato And Spinach Curry: (For ingredients and full instructions see the recipe card below) Fry chopped onion in olive oil until it is soft and lightly browned. Add in garlic, ginger, tomato puree, curry powder, cumin, coriander and garam masala and fry for a couple of minutes more.
Chickpea and sweet potato curry step by step
- Add oil until hot and then the onions and chiles and sauté for about 5 minutes, add the garlic until fragrant.
- Add all the seasonings plus salt to taste and toast for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes followed by the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil and reduce to medium and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes and then open for another 10 and check for seasoning and consistency and adjust accordingly (take the lid off and reduce more if it needs to be thicker).
- Stir through the cilantro and and serve over rice and top with green onions.
Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and sweet potato. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for. Next, add the curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon, and stir to coat the onions evenly with spices. Add tomatoes with their juices, and the chickpeas, stir to combine. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then reheat until piping hot.