Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes.
You can cook Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes
- Prepare 5-6 of large (white skin potatoes work best) optional.
- It’s of Milk.
- You need of Sour cream.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Potato masher.
- It’s of Mixer.
- It’s of Colander/strainer.
- Prepare of Peeler.
Deliciously simple homemade mashed potatoes step by step
- Peel potatoes dice into chunks..
- Put diced potatoes in pot of cold water to cover about an inch..
- Boil potatoes medium heat until soft. Use fork to press against a chunk to determine if soft enough..
- Drain potatoes let sit for couple minutes.
- Put small amount of potatoes back in hot pan and mash. Gradually Add in more until all are mashed thoroughly..
- After you mash add in spoon full of butter n sour cream salt n pepper little bit of milk to desired taste. Mix with mixer until all lumps whipped..
- Heat on low flame until hot. Keep eye in them so they don't burn. Continuously stir until hot..
- Serve and add your favorite gravy, but just as delicious without any. Enjoy!.