Baked salmon in foil. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about. Simply bake right in your foil packet. Serve your dinner in the foil packet as is.
This baked salmon in foil really couldn't get any easier and the method of cooking it all together in a foil pouch seals in moisture and keeps the flavors intact. It's also a very versatile recipe, you can use other veggies that need using up. I love how foolproof this recipe is, even if you have minimal. You can cook Baked salmon in foil using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked salmon in foil
- You need 4 of salmon fillets (5 ounces each).
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes (14 ounce).
- You need 2 of chopped shallots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
One big rule of baking salmon in foil is not to overcook it, especially wild salmon. Open up and check with a fork for doneness in the thickest part. Unlike most Salmon in Foil dishes, my dish uses minimum oil so that the dish becomes super light with oil-free ponzu dressing. So, make sure that the heat is brought down to low heat per the recipe instructions.
Baked salmon in foil step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- sprinkle salmon with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt and pepper. stir tomatoes, shallots, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper in medium bowl..
- place a salmon filet, oiled side down, atop sheet of foil. wrap ends of foil to form spiral shape. spoon tomato mixture over salmon. fold sides of foil over salmon, sealing completely. place foil packet on baking sheet. repeat for rest of salmon. bake about 25 minutes..
Ponzu Dressing for Baked Salmon in Foil. Baking salmon in foil makes it moist, tender, and flakey. Brushed with garlic lemon butter sauce and seasonings. Easy dinner recipe that requires very little to prep. Pop it into the oven and do other tasks as this needs none of your attention!