Mashed potato souffle pie.
You can cook Mashed potato souffle pie using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mashed potato souffle pie
- It’s 2 1/4 lb of yellow potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of of bread crumbs(i use progresso,either plain or italian).
- You need 4 tbsp of of butter (to go in the mashed potatoes).
- You need 4 piece of of butter (to go on top of the pie before it goes in the oven).
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1 of ground meat filling.
- You need of ground beef filling.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of of ground beef.
- You need 2 medium of chopped onions(white, or yellow).
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pine cone seeds (optional).
Mashed potato souffle pie step by step
- Start by washing the potatoes and boiling them..
- After the potatoes are cooked, wash them again, and peel them. You could either put the potatoes in a food processor or mash them up with a fork..
- Add salt and eggs(1egg for every 2lbs of potatoes) to mashed potatoes..
- In a non sticking pan, spread the 4tbs of butter and sprinkle half of the bread crumbs(1/2 cup) on the bottom of the pan..
- Divide mashed potatoes into 2 halves. Spread the first half of the mashed potatoes right on top of the bread crumbs..
- Spread the meat filling on top of the mashed potatoes..
- Spread the 2nd half of the mashed potatoes on top of the meat filling..
- Sprinkle the rest of the bread crumbs (1/2 a cup) on top of the mashed potatoes..
- Then place the rest of the butter on top of the bread crumbs..
- Bake pie for 20-25mins or untill crumbs turn to a golden color (375degrees fh.).
- Ground beef filling: add a 1/4 of a cup of veg. Oil to a pan. Then add your two onions(chopped)..
- After the onions are cooked, add the ground beef and a pinch of salt. Mix all together and then Cook mixture until the water from the ground beef evaporates..
- Add the rest of the spices (pepper+cinnamon) and your pine cone seeds(if using any) . Mix everything together. And put the mixture on the side for 5-10Mins to cool down..