Chocolate cake. Chocolate cake or chocolate gâteau (from French: gâteau au chocolat) is a cake flavored with melted chocolate, cocoa powder, or both. Chocolate cake is made with chocolate. This exceptionally bold chocolate cake recipe—without any flour to get in the way of the soft texture and intense chocolatey flavor—will change everything you thought you knew about chocolate cake.
You won't find a better chocolate cake recipe than this one. You will be amazed at how good it is, and you will amaze those that you make if for. I have been searching for a great chocolate cake recipe. You can cook Chocolate cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate cake
- It’s 375 grams of plain chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 175 grams of unsalted butter.
- It’s 175 grams of light muscovado sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 150 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 55 grams of ground almonds.
- It’s 125 ml of double cream.
Unsweetened cocoa powder is recommended for this cake. It is rich in cocoa butter and dissolves perfectly into the batter to create a nice, smooth texture and strong chocolate flavor. A great, everyday Chocolate Cake – the cake recipe I make most often. Tender, moist crumb, truly Frost generously with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting for a terrific birthday cake, afternoon teas or to.
Chocolate cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 (I currently use a fan assisted electric oven). Grease and line cake tin..
- Melt 250g chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Remove from the heat and cool slightly..
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale fluffy and then gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the melted chocolate and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla essence..
- Fold in the flour and almonds evenly..
- Spoon mixture into tin and smooth over with spatula. Place in the oven and cook for 1 and a 1/2 hours or until risen and a skewer comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely..
- Heat the remaining chocolate and vanilla essence in a pan until melted and then blend in the Baileys. Let the mixture cool so it thickens. Cut the cake in half and spread the filling over the bottom half before sandwiching back together..
Towering chocolate fudge cake, decadent chocolate orange cake or a rich chocolate mousse Perfect for birthdays, this is a foolproof and really easy chocolate cake recipe. Home » Listen and watch » Songs. Listen and sing along to a song about yummy food. Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe & Video. A layered Chocolate Cake never goes out of style.