Super easy and yummy Calzone!. Easy Calzones from Delish.com are stuffed full of pepperoni and mozzarella. Seen as inferior to the grand pizza pie, calzones are often forgotten about, but why? They are basically an individual pizza all wrapped up.
I made these for dinner this week and they were delicious! They were very easy to prepare and very family. This homemade calzone recipe is a mixture of sausage, pepperoni and bell peppers, all baked inside pizza dough with plenty of melted cheese. You can cook Super easy and yummy Calzone! using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super easy and yummy Calzone!
- Prepare 1 can of premade pizza dough crust (can used canned, bagged, or homemade).
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella Cheese shredded.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesean cheese shredded.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red peppers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green peppers.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of Pepperoni slices.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Calzones are the perfect food for a party, they're hand held, hearty and totally delicious. What's the difference between a calzone and a pizza pocket? This is one of the mysteries of life I hope to one day know the answer to. That would be a good multi-tasking lesson for him. – getting the family fed something yummy while also.
Super easy and yummy Calzone! step by step
- Preheat oven with a pizza stone in it (or a upside down baking sheet) to 400`F..
- Prep veggies, cutting into 1cm pieces. Doesn't need to be prefect, you can use as little or as many veggies as you like..
- Beat eggs. Add all chopped parsley. Seperate in half to have 2 batches of the egg mixture..
- After separating the egg mixture add mozzarella to ONLY 1 batch. This batch goes on the inside of the calzone! Set both batches aside..
- Layout parchment paper on counter. Use the olive oil to slick the surface..
- Pop open your pizza dough. Lay out flat on the oiled paper..
- On 1/2 of the dough lay out ingredients. Leave about a 1inch boarder around the dough. Then put the egg, parsley, and mozzarella mixture down first. Then layer cheese, veggies, and pepperoni. Use as much or as little as you like..
- Fold over remained of dough to cover the filling. Crimp edges, roll edges. Just get it to stay shut! Rolling seems to work best for me..
- Poke top of dough with a fork..
- Place on the stone, or baking sheet, while still on the parchment paper! Cook for about 15 mins. Take out of oven and brush on the remaining egg mixture, if you have left over parmesean cheese put a little on top if you want. Place back in oven for another 5-10 mins depending on your oven..
- Take out and let rest before cutting..
- Enjoy! This was adapted from a Food Network Maganize recipe..
Quick and Easy Calzones are a delicious alternative to pizza. Quick and Easy Calzones are so fun to make with your family. A simple dough and sauce combined with A Calzone, on the other hand, is pizza dough stuffed with cheese and any other yummy pizza toppings, then folded over like a turnover. These fabulous and easy calzone recipes are stuffed pizzas that are fun to make and eat, including salmon calzones and chicken pesto calzones. Calzones, or stuffed pizzas, are a fun twist on the classic recipe.