Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch. Whether you're new to cooking or have advanced skills, this simple version of an Italian classic can be home-cooked from scratch and enjoyed by the whole family. Use it to top pasta noodles, or layer in lasagna. As the name suggests, Bolognese sauce originated in Bologna, Italy.
Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. You can have Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch
- You need 1 of brown onion.
- Prepare 5 stalks of garlic.
- Prepare 4 sticks of celery.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Carrot.
- Prepare 800 gr of fresh ripe tomatoes.
- You need of Thyme.
- It’s leaves of Bay.
- It’s of Oregano.
- You need of Himalayan salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
This is designed to be a low cost recipe. Bolognese is a homemade Italian sauce your family will love. This easy recipe doesn't take long, but it will taste like it's been simmering all day! Ground beef and Italian sausage come together in this wonderfully rich and flavorful tomato sauce.
Super easy Bolognese sauce from scratch instructions
- Finely chop onion, garlic, celery and carrots for sofrito.
- Coarsely cut tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot (i am using a cast iron Dutch oven, is for better simmering process) place the sofrito In then stir well till the aroma come out and the colour become translucent put in the mince beef (I used 3⭐️beef because we need the fat for a great taste or 4/5⭐️ for rather lean meat but you won’t get the same taste) keep stirring using wooden spoon till the mince turned to brown. Then put tomatoes in and salt Then add water in..
- Stir gently then add bay leaves, oregano and thyme. Bring down the heat into very low. Cover the pot leave it simmer for 2 hrs. Check once a while and stir gently..
- Sauce ready to serve.
Travel to Italy with this hearty pasta that's a breeze to prepare. I had been making this sauce from scratch with Italian tomatoes. This is a lot quicker and tastes just Very easy, tons of vegies and delicious! One of my favorite comfort foods. This homemade bolognese sauce is amazing!