~Salmon in Pastry~. Flip the puff pastry-wrapped salmon over and transfer for a baking sheet lined with parchment Brush the beaten egg on the top and sides of the pastry. Score the top of the pastry with a knife, cutting. The Salmon in Pastry recipe out of our category saltwater Fish!
Salmon en Croute – salmon in a pastry crust is amazingly easy to make and makes a very impressive centrepiece for a meal. Usually, the filling is two decent. Salmon is such a healthy fish and so versatile in the kitchen, the variety of recipes for it are endless. You can cook ~Salmon in Pastry~ using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of ~Salmon in Pastry~
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 large of shallot or 1 small onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 1/2 oz of baby spinach,cooked and drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta or cottage cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s pinch of of grated nutmeg (optional).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of sheets ready-rolled puff pastry from a 17.3 oz package.
- Prepare 10 oz of salmon fillet, divided into four equal pieces (or however big you want it).
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
A recipe for Creamed Salmon in Pastry with method, ingredients, reviews and similar recipes. Elevate baked salmon with cream cheese, spinach and a warm, flaky crust shaped like a fish. Into each puff pastry cavity, place one piece of salmon. Cut the salmon into four serving pieces.
~Salmon in Pastry~ step by step
- Melt the butter and saute the shallot or onion for 8-10 minutes,or until softened.Let cool in pan or transfer to a bowl..
- Squeeze out the moisture from the cooked spinach.Then chop it and add it to the onion, along with the ricotta/cottage,Parmesan, and nutmeg.Add salt and pepper.Mix all together well..
- Cut each pastry sheet on half.Then roll each piece about 6 in x 16 in..
- Place a portion of salmon on the pastry and top with the spinach mixture.Brush a little beaten egg around the salmon and fold the pastry over.Shape into anything you want and use scrap pastry for decoration..
- Brush with beaten egg and chill for 1 hour.Preheat the oven to 400°F. When taken out, brush with the egg again. Bake on a baking sheet for 25 minutes. When done, let cool for 3-4 minutes..
- You can double or triple the recipe depending who you are serving too..
Transfer each packet to a warm serving plate and slice into four or five pieces on a slight. Brush edges of pastry around salmon with egg. Pinch pastry together firmly to seal, then lightly press tines of a dinner fork along edges for a decorative effect. This costs about the same as an ordinary chicken potpie, but one bite and you'll be amazed at how much the salmon adds. With cream cheese and the flaky crust.