italian nachos. Italian sausage, pepperoni, banana peppers, mozzarella, and pizza sauce make for great nachos. Italian Nachos aka. my new weakness. Crispy wontons, grilled chicken, bell peppers, and olives smothered in Alfredo sauce and cheese.
The menu described them as Italian Nachos, and they are actually quite easy to make at home. I had never heard of Italian Nachos before either, but they turned out to be absolutely divine. Old Chicago Italian Nachos Copycat Recipe: Italian nachos with pepper rings, Italian sausage crumbles, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and crispy fried wonton chips served with marinara dipping. You can have italian nachos using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of italian nachos
- It’s 16 oz of italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 large of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 small of bunch of dried basil crushed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pepper sauce I used chipoltle.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 10 oz of italian blend grated cheese.
- You need 1 packages of tortilla chips whatever kind or color you like.
- You need 1 can of sliced black olives about 2 oz.
- You need 1 cup of fresh diced tomatoes.
These Italian nachos are bursting with melted mozzarella cheese and the flavors of fresh basil, olive oil, cannellini bean hummus, and spicy tomato "salsa". These Italian Nachos are one of my favorite game day appetizers. Loaded with chicken breast, these baked nachos are quick to make and are perfect for feeding a crowd. Amore Tip: Substitute chopped salami for cooked sausage.
italian nachos instructions
- in a hot frying pan add sausage butter onion garlic peppers basil sauce salt and pepper.
- fry on medium heat until sausage is cooked stirring some to prevent sticking.
- in a lasagna pan toss all the chips then top with the meat mixture fairly evenly and spread out the cheese and olives too.
- bake in a 375°F oven for about 5 minutes just to heat the chips and melt the cheese then remove from the oven garnish with the tomatoes and get out of the way before the rabid teenager attacks the pan.
Italian nachos is a delicious Italian recipe usually served as a appetizer. MORE+ LESS These Italian Nachos are loaded with a homemade cheese sauce, spicy Italian sausage and roasted bell peppers. I think I just found my new favorite appetizer. I took classic nachos and made them. Transport yourself to Italy with these Italian Nachos topped with hot Italian sausage, mozzarella nacho cheese sauce, fresh tomatoes, and basil.