Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce. Great tomato sauce starts with great ingredients, simply cooked low and slow until complex and rich. The secret to its deep, naturally sweet, complex flavors is to cook the sauce in the oven, allowing the surface to brown while the sauce slowly concentrates. Chicken parts cook slowly in an Italian tomato and herb sauce in this slow cooker recipe.
Serve over cooked pasta, if desired. Now in the slow cooker, add bell pepper, tomato sauce, salt and black pepper. The best sausage to make this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe is the uncooked Italian sausage in its casing and you can use either sweet Italian sausage or hot Italian sausage recipes. You can cook Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can of No Sodium Tomato Sauce.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can of Tomato Puree.
- Prepare 1 (6 oz) of can of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic powder or 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Basil.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2-3 of Bay leaves.
Dinners exactly like these Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches. A handful of ingredients, some seasoning, and let the slow cooker roll. Pour the tomato sauce over the roast. Top with the green bell peppers, onions, and pepperoncinis.
Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce step by step
- Pour the tomato puree and tomato sauce the slow cooker..
- Next, add the tomato paste into the pot, then add the water..
- Put all of the spices, except the bay leaves, into the sauce. Stir it all together..
- Place the bay leaves into the pot, after you stir the sauce..
- Place the cover on top of the slow cooker, set the temperature to low and put the timer to 6-8 hours. At the halfway point, be it 3 or 4 hours, stir the sauce..
- After you stir it, put the lid back on the slow cooker and cook for another 3 to 4 hours..
Meatballs cooked in tomato sauce is a popular Italian dish that kids love. Now, we have a version for the slow cooker! But you can also serve this family favorite the way it is prepared in Italy, paired with a simple dish of sautèed peas. A tip: these two ingredients pair perfectly together. A quick and easy make ahead meal that makes tons of leftovers!