Traditional Apple Pie.
You can cook Traditional Apple Pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional Apple Pie
- You need of crust.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable shortening.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of cold water.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 5 of apples of your choice.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Traditional Apple Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a food processor or manually, as quickly as possible to prevent it from getting warm. It should have a sand-like consistency. Work the dough into two balls. Slightly flat each ball, wrap them with plastic and refrigerate at least for half an hour..
- Peal and core the apples. Cut them into cubes and mix them with the sugar, flour and cinnamon..
- Once the dough is cold enough, work the discs into two 20cm circles using a little flour to preventing them from sticking..
- Cover the pie plate with one circle. Put the apple mixture in the pie shell. Distribute the butter in the mixture so wheb it bakes, it creates a sauce. Cover all with the othe circle and pinch the sides to seal everything. Trim any excess dough and cut slits in the too of the crust to let the steam escape..
- Finally brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle some sugar. Bake for 30 min and let it cool..