Best Ever Apple Pie!.
You can cook Best Ever Apple Pie! using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Ever Apple Pie!
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 8 large of Apples (any kind you like).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 dash of Lemon Juice.
- You need of Crust.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter(not margarine).
- You need 8 tbsp of Ice cold water.
Best Ever Apple Pie! instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peal, core and slice apples to thin slices.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on sliced apples(keeps from browning).
- Mix the 2 tblsp flour with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg..
- Add flour/sugar mix to apples and toss to coat..
- For crust cut butter into flour until it looks like coarse crumbs..
- Add ice water 1 tblsp at a time until all is moistened..
- Divide dough into 2 balls..
- Roll out dough and place in 8 or 9 in pie pan. Leaving enough to hang over the side a bit..
- Place apples in pie pan..
- Roll out 2nd dough ball and place on top of apples..
- Trim edges and tuck under. Crimp edges..
- Place a few slits on top to vent steam..
- Place foil around edges of pie and bake for 40 minutes..
- Remove foil and bake another 20 min or until filling us bubbly and crust is browned..
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack..