Potato Salad with Egg. My husband was craving potato salad so after looking at a few different recipies I tried this one. Small, waxy and thin-skinned potatoes are best for potato salad. Small yellow, white or red potatoes are perfect (fingerling potatoes work, too).
If you love potato salad and egg salad, then look no further. Everyone has a favorite potato salad, and this is mine. As a young bride, I was eager to learn how to cook and make things that my husband would love. You can have Potato Salad with Egg using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad with Egg
- You need 1 of Potato.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber + ¼ tsp. salt + ¼ vinegar.
- You need 1 of Small carrot.
- Prepare 3 slices of Ham.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise.
Add chopped eggs, pickles and onion to potatoes. Mix mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper; stir gently into. This potato salad recipe with egg pairs perfectly with any grill, barbeque or potluck entrée, making this our go-to side dish for any warm weather get-together. Mayonnaise also contains egg yolk and is less sweet than salad dressing.
Potato Salad with Egg instructions
- Cut the top and bottom side of the cucumber and shred with food processor. Cut potato and carrot into small pieces for boiling. Also cut hams into small square pieces as well..
- Put shredded cucumbers into a zip lock bag and add salt and vinegar into the bag and shake well, marinate for 10 mins..
- Boil potato and carrot until soft. Make the boil egg as well..
- Once potato and carrot are cooked, mash them together, add ham while the mixture is still hot..
- Squeeze the water out of the cucumber. Transfer the cooled mixture into the storage container; add the rest of the ingredients (cucumber, mayonnaise, vinegar and boiled egg). Mix well..
- Refrigerate until ready to serve..
- Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for more easy and delicious recipes ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Fgle9gk5Jh7lB1lq8XOMw.
They can be used interchangeably so you can decide which you prefer. My classic potato salad recipe is made with tender potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar and a special blend of seasonings. It's the best best potato with egg ever! My idea of pure bliss is a paper plate loaded with grill-fare and a heaping scoop of this classic potato. Many traditional potato salad recipes also fold in some diced hard-cooked eggs; personally, I like to keep things focused on the potatoes here and save the eggs for egg salad, but the choice is yours.