Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs. A classic Italian combination is remade into a creamy, family-pleasing casserole in this quick and easy dish. "This recipe was given to me several years ago," notes Ellen Thompson from. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Line a pie pan with spaghetti, margarine, eggs and Parmesan, top with creamy cottage cheese, then pour on a savory beef and tomato sauce flavored with onions, garlic and green pepper.
This baked spaghetti pie recipe is easy enough for a busy weeknight meal and sure to be loved by the entire family. It's also a great take-and-bake meal for a family or friend in need. A cozy retro dinner your family will love! You can cook Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs
- It’s of ****for the pie********.
- Prepare 1 lb. of spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare 2 jars (14.5 oz) of Alfredo Sauce (I used Prego Homestyle Alredo).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of ***for the sauce******.
- You need 2 jars (24 oz.) of spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Three Cheese).
- Prepare of *for the meatballs******.
- It’s 1 lb. of hamburger.
- You need 1/2 cup of Italian Style Breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Italian seasoning.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
Today's Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe is a throwback to potlucks and Sunday suppers. This isn't your average spaghetti pie. Classic variations are often a humble assembly of noodles, marinara, and a few eggs to hold it all together. This reimagined version boasts ricotta cheese and.
Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs instructions
- Start with your meatballs. Place all ingredients under meatballs category in a large bowl, and mix well until all ingredients are combined. Form into medium size balls, and place onto a greased, rimmed baking sheet. I was able to make 14 meatballs..
- Heat 2 jars of spaghetti sauce in large pan on low, covered. Keep warm until final step..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil spaghetti as per package instructions. Drain & return to pan. Add in 1 1/2 jars of the alfredo sauce and all of the shredded parmesan cheese. Mix well & place into a greased 9 x 1 1/2 inch pie plate. Pat spaghetti down to form pie..
- Place both your meatballs and spaghetti pie into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes and then rotate them, so you are switching them on the cooking racks for even cooking. Cook an additional 10 minutes. 20 total minutes of cooking time in this step..
- Remove spaghetti pie from oven. At this step, you will leave meatballs in oven to continue cooking. Give the spaghetti pie a quick stir and then pat back down into pie plate. Place onto a cookie sheet to avoid spillover, as your pie will now be very full. Top with remaining 1/2 jar of alfredo sauce, spoon evenly. Top with mozzarella cheese..
- Cook additional 15 minutes, or until hot & bubbly, with meatballs on lower rack and pie on upper rack. Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes..
- Place a ladle of sauce onto plate. Top with spaghetti pie slice and serve with meatballs. Enjoy!.
This Easy Spaghetti Pie recipe is a great way to use up leftover spaghetti and sauce! This pasta dish is a family favorite. It's so simple to make, and it's a fun twist to the usual spaghetti and meatballs. Cook this easy spaghetti pie for a quick and budget-friendly weeknight dinner. A delicious Spaghetti pie recipe made with spaghetti and three kinds of cheeses melted together I think I was planning on making spaghetti and meatballs, but the project eventually moved to the back.