Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Loin. For a main dish, this juicy, roasted pork loin is a showstopper. Season the pork loin with salt and rub the paste all over it. That mouthwatering masterpiece is a Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Loin with Apple & Rice Stuffing!
Plus, you get a triple dose of all things pig thanks to the ground pork and prosciutto. To butterfly, put pork loin on a work surface with short end facing you. Holding a long, thin sharp knife parallel to work surface and beginning along one long side, cut. You can cook Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Loin using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Loin
- Prepare 1.5 lb of pork loin roast; trimmed.
- It’s 8 slices of prosciutto.
- You need 1 T of fresh rosemary; minced.
- It’s 1 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- You need 1 t of garlic powder.
- You need 1 t of onion powder.
- It’s 10 of fresh basil leaves.
- You need as needed of kosher salt and black pepper.
- You need as needed of olive oil.
SAVEUR executive food editor Todd Coleman shows you how to tie a roast for even cooking, easier carving, and a beautiful presentation. This delicious pork loin comes together quickly with an easy mustard sauce and proscuitto! Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is perfect for any occasion. Plus, it roasts alongside rosemary seasoned potatoes.
Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Loin instructions
- Preheat charcoal grill to approximately 300°. Arrange the coals to one side of the grill so only half the grill grate is heated by the charcoal. (Direct & Indirect Cooking).
- Drizzle enough olive oil over the pork loin to coat. Season with herbs, dried spices, salt, and pepper..
- Lay the basil leaves atop the pork loin. Cover every inch..
- Wrap the pork loin with prosciutto by laying half the prosciutto over the pork loin. Roll the pork loin like a tortilla, and seal the prosciutto together. Do not use toothpicks. Twine will hold the shape, but is not necessary..
- Place pork loin on the indirect side of the grill, with no charcoal heating the grill underneath..
- Close the lid. Cook for approximately 1 hour, or until pork reaches desired doneness. 145° pictured.
- Variations; Butter, bacon, oregano, peppercorn melange, canola oil, peanut oil, capers, parmesan apricot, paprika, celery seed, celery salt, lemon, orange, lime, fennel, fennel seed, gin, grapefruit, herbes de provence, honey, leeks, bell pepper, mint, mushrooms, olives, parsley, pears, peas, pine nuts, potato, sage, savory, shallots, sherry, spinach, stuffing, sun dried tomatoes, red wine, white wine, yogurt, applewood seasoning, worcestershire sauce, A1, H1 sauce.
Butterfly the pork loin by slicing parallel to your cutting board, and making a lengthwise cut into the pork, stopping short of the opposite side. Make the most of pork loin with this recipe for walnut-raisin stuffed loin wrapped with paper-thin prosciutto from Feast TV host Cat Neville. This tropical salsa recipe will make your pork chop salsa recipe sing. Fire up this smoked salsa that's flavored with ripe & refreshing pineapples Lay one to two more slices of prosciutto ham and then bacon or pancetta on top of pork; bring ends of twine up and over the pork. Tie snug, but not too tight.