Blueberry-Red Bull Braised Pork Loin. Blueberry-Red Bull Braised Pork Loin Awesome. Pork loin is braised in a rich combination of beer, onion, and carrots. The veggie-beer mixture is then pureed to make a delicious gravy.
How to make Braised Pork Loin – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. This traditional braised pork belly dish is a crowd-pleaser for any special occasion. This is a part of our Chinese New Year menu with chef Simone Tong. You can cook Blueberry-Red Bull Braised Pork Loin using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry-Red Bull Braised Pork Loin
- You need 1 of pork loin roast.
- It’s 2 can of blueberry red bull.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of blueberry preserves or fresh blueberries.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander seed.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 2/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
While the recipe for Shanghai Braised Pork Belly is admired by many, I think it's time to expand upon it. Even in Hunan, there are many variations of Chairman Mao's Red Braised Pork Belly. Soy sauce vs. no soy sauce; more aromatics vs. less aromatics; some recipes even ask for hoisin sauce. Red Bull is appreciated worldwide by top athletes, busy professionals, college students and travelers on long journeys.
Blueberry-Red Bull Braised Pork Loin step by step
- Cover pork loin with just enough oil to cover. Season with dried spices. Heat vegetable oil in a deep saute pan. Add pork loin. Sear on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add vinegar to saute pan. Scrape up any fond with a wooden spoon. Reduce until nearly evaporated. Add red bull. Return pork loin to pan. Braising liquid must not exceed the height of the pork loin..
- Bring to a simmer. Cover. Bake at 300° for approximately 30-40 minutes or until pork reaches desired doneness. Serve with braising liquid..
- Variations; White or rice vinegar, wine, strawberries, POM juice, chicken stock, chicken, peppercorn melange, lemon, tarragon.
Energy drinks by Red Bull won't let you down when you need to fuel up. They even make a great sports energy drink. This easy braised pork loin roast is flavored with an orange, garlic, and brown sugar sauce mixture. Garnish the finished roast with cilantro leaves. The orange juice and garlic give the pork amazing flavor.