Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin. An easy herb rub gives sensational taste to boneless braised pork chops that can be cooked on the stovetop in minutes. Braised Chicken Drumsticks in Tomatillo Sauce – an easy Mexican-inspired chicken dish made with just a few ingredients! I made this with cubed pork loin (did not have chicken drums on hand) and it is a winner!
From a Cookbook called Mexico One Plate at a Time. #foodporntoid. Review Body: Had the same result with pork loin, not enough fat so it was tough. The flavor was average, the prep time wasn't worth the result. You can cook Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin
- Prepare 3 lb of pork loin.
- You need 2 of jars Frontera Tomatillo Salsa.
- Prepare 64 oz of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground coriander seed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of roasted ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange peel seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground ancho chile.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
Pork loin stars in this elegant-but-rustic dish made with roasted tomatillo sauce. In Italy, cooks like to braise pork roasts in milk because it creates an exceptionally rich, savory sauce. This Italian classic involves braising a pork loin in a large quantity of milk. As the roast cooks, the milk curdles and reduces into an intensely flavorful but unattractive sauce.
Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin step by step
- Heat vegetable oil in a large roasting pan. Toss pork loin with enough oil to cover. Season with dried spices..
- Saute pork with fat side down. After approximately 3-5 minutes on medium heat the pork loin should have a nice sear. Turn over and repeat to the other side. The pork loin will not be fully cooked after searing both sides! Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add chicken stock. Scrape up any brown bits with a wooden spoon. Once the fond is incorporated, return the pork loin back to the pot. Pour salsa over pork. The liquid level should not exceed the height of the pork loin..
- If the liquid is higher than the pork loin, remove pork loin and reduce liquid before returning pork back to the pan..
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately one hour or until pork is tender and cooked to desired level of doneness..
- Variations; Tequila, apple cider, tamarind, epazote, cilantro, fresh mirepoix, potatoes, garlic bulbs, celery root, mustard.
What is your best recipe using tomatillos? I grow large amounts of them and sell wholesale to restaurants, but would like some tips on preparing them for myself! One of my all-time favorite tomatillo recipes is Rick Bayless's recipe, Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin. In a Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, then set it aside.